Often my clients ask, “Can I have my spouse pay my legal fees?” Sometimes the client will come to me and they are not working or they are in an inferior financial position than their spouse. In those situations, the courts will order the breadwinner or the superior earner to cover the fees of the other spouse. At times the income may not be enough to cover both parties’ legal fees and the court will order that the counsel fees are paid out of joint assets or tax refunds. Essentially, yes, you can obtain payment of counsel fees to level the playing field.

The Salvo Law Firm, P.C. is an effective and compassionate divorce and family law legal team serving NJ with quality legal services. If you need the assistance of a skilled and experienced attorney, contact our office for a complimentary consultation.