It is common for people to seek the help of an attorney when they are unhappy with their current custody order with their ex-spouse. Just because the judge has issued an existing Custody Order, doesn’t mean all hope is lost. To modify the custody order, you and your attorney will need to discuss a concept called “substantial change of circumstances.” This is the standard that a judge will use to decide whether or not the current custody agreement will be changed. In that instance, you should really contact a lawyer because each situation is fact specific, and the facts of your situation will determine whether or not we can make a case at all to a judge to change the existing Custody Order.

The Salvo Law Firm, P.C. is a legal resource for the people of New York and New Jersey. If you need quality services from an experienced and effective attorney, contact our office for a consultation.