If your spouse has become abusive and you fear for your safety, you can go to your local police department and obtain a temporary restraining order. This is an order of protection that will prohibit any contact between you and your spouse. In fact, your spouse will be removed from the marital home. In ten days, you will appear at the superior court and a trial will be held to determine whether or not a final restraining order should be issued. If you feel that you have been a victim of domestic violence, contact the authorities to obtain a temporary restraining order.

If you are in need of assistance through any divorce and family law matter, contact The Salvo Law Firm, P.C. Our New Jersey legal team offers clients compassion and experience. If you need our legal services, contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation.